Please select a question below:
What finishes are available? Can you do post boxes in any colour?
We offer letter boxes in four ranges of finishes - powder coat finishes to any RAL specifications; anodised aluminium finishes ; gold anodised aluminium and satin stainless steel finishes
The powder coat RAL finished letter boxes are 100% polyester powder coat to maximise weather resistance, to the same standard as the automotive industry.
Generally, stainless steel specifications are to a satin (brushed) finish. We only se the best grade (316) of stainless steel with a 10 years guarantee against corrosion.
When should we be talking to DAD Group?
DAD Group get involved in apartment projects as early as detailed planning and tender stage.
On the basis that average lead times can vary from 1 to 8 weeks, contacting us 8 to 12 weeks before a required delivery date is recommended.
Next day delivery can be achieved on individual units.
Can we get extra keys?
Extra keys are available at a nominal cost when placing an order. We also offer replacement keys within 48 hours.
Do you do fire-rated mailboxes?
We offer some of our boxes with a fire extinguisher device to stop arson attack. Contact us for more details.
What is EN13724?
All post boxes on this website marked with the European Norm reference "EN 13724" correspond to the high demands of the European standard and are recommended by the respective postal services. The European standard EN 13724 defines the size of the letter box, which means sufficient space for your post box and the slot dimensions. Furthermore the new European standard classifies the protection against breaking in and corrosion. All post boxes on this website correspond to the higher quality levels. Even the lock quality and resistance of rainwater penetration is tested.
- Expulsion of 2 different throw-in dimensions
- Robustness against corrosion after EN 1670 and against penetration of water (rain test and definition of the permissible amount of the penetrated water)
- Opposition against burglary by stable materials and locks with a division in 2 security step
- A test envelope in the format A4 must go without need to fold or to damage 229 x 324 mm can be blocked
- The centre line of the throw-in openings should lie between 700 mm and 1,700 mm installation height, in special cases the area can be between 400 mms and 1,800 mms
- To the guarantee of the security, components of throw-in. Openings may have no sharp corners
- To guarantee the confidentiality, house mailboxes are to be equipped without view window
- Withdrawal protection against unauthorized inferring.
- The least volume is fixed with a batch height of min 40 mms of postal property in the format C4
- If the manufacturer explains that their product corresponds, the product is to be marked according to the regulation
- National divergences of the mailboxes are possible. The procedures to the check of the abovementioned points are described in the mailbox norm. This norm is a recommendation, however, becomes by registration in advertisings the duty
We need numbering on our letterboxes
DAD Group can supply aluminium engraved nameplates, retrospectively if necessary. As most letter boxes have perspex nameplate windows, engraved nameplates can be a neat finishing touch to your bank of mailboxes.
Engraving can be specified on certain models of mailbox, with different fonts, colours and offset engraving available.
Site surveys - can you come and see us?
You can request a site survey - Please contact us for more details. At DAD Group, we invest in customer satisfaction by passing on our savings to our customers. With this in mind we evaluate each and every site survey request to ascertain if it is economic for us to come and undertake the survey. If not, we will deal with your enquiry via the phone and will supply quotes and drawings by email.
We forgot to order mailboxes - can you do next day delivery?
Yes. we stock various model of mailboxes some of which are available on a next day delivery. Please call to discuss.